UNESCO-Sharjah Prize for Arab Culture 2017 (USD $60,000 for Winners)
Deadline: September 27, 2017
The Global Health Journalism Grant Programme is a quality journalism funding project operated by the European Journalism Centre. The grant programme aims to advance innovative reporting on global health topics in developing countries. Your story pitch is the most important part of the application. Projects submitted are required to deal with global health and provide a link to Germany in their stories. The reporting should be connected to Germany’s global health policies or the activities of either health-related German government organisations or NGOs on the ground.
With a view to increasing the visibility of this Prize further, UNESCO and the government of Sharjah would like to encourage you to propose qualified candidates who deserve to be rewarded for their literary, scientific or artistic achievements, as well as for their global outreach devoted to promoting Arab culture and its worldwide dissemination – independent of any religious considerations. Proposed candidates should have earned an international reputation for meritorious action extending over several years.
- An amount of US$60 000 is divided equally between the two laureates, in recognition of their contribution – in their respective disciplines – to Arab art and culture, or for participating in the dissemination of the latter outside the Arab world.
- Open to individuals, groups or institutions who, through their work and outstanding achievements, endeavour to disseminate greater knowledge of Arab art and culture;
- Applicants must have contributed significantly towards the development, dissemination and the promotion of Arab culture in the world;
- Nomination of female candidate is highly encouraged.
- The Organization has established a rigorous process for selecting candidates. They encourage you, therefore, to propose the most qualified candidates from your country. You may wish to note that candidatures can be submitted online only;
- Send an e-mail to the Secretariat of the Prize, email@example.com; tel.: +33 1 45 68 42 71, with the name and e-mail of the person authorized to submit your nominees on your behalf;
- The Secretariat will then send all necessary information to the person concerned, notably on how to submit the candidature online. The Secretariat stands ready to respond to any queries you might have.
Nominations for the Prize should be submitted no later than August 31, 2017.
For more information, visit UNESCO-Sharjah Prize for Arab Culture.