Voice’s Global Influencing Grant for Organizations in Africa and Asia (Up €25,000 – €500,000 available)
Deadline: September 15, 2017
Voice is now accepting proposals for Our Turn to Talk: Global Influencing Grant for Projects in Africa and Asia. This Call for Proposals will help Voice meet its objectives and incorporate feedback received from a consultation with key stakeholders.
Voice is a new innovative grant facility that supports the most marginalised and discriminated people in ten low- and lower-middle income countries in Africa and Asia. It aims to amplify and connect thus far unheard voices in efforts to leave no one behind. Voice is an initiative of and financed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands as part of their overall policy framework ‘Dialogue and Dissent’ and is executed by a consortium between Oxfam Novib and Hivos.
Voice will fund projects that focus on the following target groups:
- Women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- People with Disabilities
- Age-discriminated (youth and elderly)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people
- Indigenous People and Ethnic Minorities.
Often the most marginalised and discriminated are those who may be vulnerable due to multiple reasons. Therefore, Voice has a strong preference for projects that intend to work with more than one target group to address overlapping vulnerabilities.
Your project can look at any or all of the following themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular
- Space for political participation
Are you an organisation that is led by one of Voice’s target groups? Do you see an opportunity to guide or influence global and/or regional bodies so that they are more open and receptive to the needs and interests of your target group? Do you want to inspire attitudinal and policy change amongst people and governments in your region towards your target group? Do you want to try innovative and new ways to influence globally and/or regionally?
If you answered “yes” to the questions above, then consider applying to this Call for Proposals.
Grants from €25,000 to €500,000 and up to 36 months in duration would be awarded.
- Applications are only being accepted where the organisation (or lead applicant if you are applying in consortia) is registered in either Africa or Asia and at least one of the consortia members operates in at least one, but preferably more, of the ten Voice focus countries.
- The applicant or the lead party (if the application is made by a consortium or on behalf of a network) must be a legally registered not-for-profit civil society or community-based organisation with an operational bank account in the applicant’s name.
- The (lead) applicant must be target-led. This means that the target group that the organisation purports to represent governs and manages the organisation and the principle of Nothing About Us Without Us guides the work.
What they won’t fund:
- Consortium Partners of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation “Dialogue and Dissent” Strategic Partnership.
- Organisations with a maximum annual turnover of over €2 million.
- An application where the grants awarded from Voice are more than 30% for of the total annual income of the applicant organisation. The way to calculate this is to divide the requested amount by the annual income plus the requested amount in your application. If the result of this calculation is over 30% you can either reduce the requested amount or team up as part of a consortium where you can add up the budgets
- Funding of commercial services, investment or other commercial activities.
Please take our eligibility test below to make sure that you qualify for the grant.
- Voice targets the most marginalised and discriminated groups in Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Indonesia, Philippines, Laos and Cambodia
- For a full listing of Consortium Partners of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation “Dialogue and Dissent” Strategic Partnership, please go here.
- They are seeking projects that are multi-country or regional. This may mean that your project focuses on influencing political bodies (such as the African Union, ASEAN and the East Africa Community) or specialised regional institutions and forums (such as the Africa Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Forum for African Women Educationalists (FAWE) and the Eastern Partnership Framework).
- Your project could also interact with mechanisms designed to enable influence and advocacy of vulnerable groups such as the African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights and the reporting mechanisms of various treaties (for example; the Universal Periodic Review, National Reviews of the Sustainable Development Goals, Convention to Eliminate Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and others).
- Proposals that focus on the interaction between national and regional influencing are of particular interest to Voice.
- Your grant can be from €25,000 to €500,000 and up to 36 months in duration.
Then complete the following documents:
And submit these through the online application system before 15 September 2017, 23.59PM Central European time
For more information, visit Voice Global Influencing Grant.