DBT-TWAS Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Biotechnology Fellowships 2017
Deadline: August 31, 2017
The Centre for International Co-operation in Science (CICS) is the coordinating agency on behalf of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India for the execution of DBT-TWAS Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Biotechnology Fellowships for Researchers from Developing Countries. The Biotechnology Fellowships are instituted for researchers from developing countries who wish to pursue research leading towards Ph.D in newly emerging areas of biotechnology for which facilities are available in the Laboratories/institutes in India. CICS will facilitate placement of candidates for training at Indian institutes of eminence.
- The cost of international travel will be met by TWAS, the Academy of Sciences for the Developing World;
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency;
- In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
- Postgraduate Biotechnology Fellowships
- Candidates from developing countries such as Asia (other than India)/Africa/Latin America /Arab region with minimum qualification of Masters in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/Medicine below 35 years are eligible to apply.
- Duration of the fellowship will be up to 5 years for Full-time Fellowships (for those willing to register for a Ph.D in India), and for a minimum period of 12 months and a maximum period of 2 years for Sandwich Fellowships (for those already registered for a Ph.D in their home country).
- Post-Doctoral Biotechnology Fellowships
- Candidates from developing countries such as Asia (other than India)/Africa/Latin America /Arab region with minimum qualification of Ph.D degree in Biosciences or Biotechnology below the age of 45 are eligible to apply;
- The candidate should be a regular employee in a developing country and should be holding a research assignment to be undertaken in India. Duration of the fellowship will be for 12-18 months.
- Guidelines and Application forms for both Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships can be downloaded from the websites www.twas.org under Programmes > Exchange or dbtindia.nic.inunder the head TWAS Award Scheme;
- Interested candidates should send their applications directly to TWAS Fellowships office, Italy e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to CICS. Last date for receipt of applications would be 31, August every year.
For more information, visit DBT-TWAS Biotechnology Fellowships for Researchers