Deadline: December 31, 2017
Submit entries for the Microsoft Dream.Build.Play Challenge 2017. The Dream.Build.Play Challenge is pushing game makers to maximize their creativity and create experiences that engage gamers from across the world. This competition is open to all creators, working solo or in teams of up to seven. Create a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) game for one of the categories by December 31, 2017, and you’ll have a chance to win cash prizes and share your game with the world.
- Cloud-powered Game: Build a game that uses Azure Cloud Services on the backend, like Service Fabric, CosmosDB, containers, VMs, storage, and Analytics. Judges will give higher scores to games that use multiple services in creative ways-and will award bonus points for Mixer integration;
- PC Games: Create a Windows 10 game using whatever technology you prefer—even middleware like Unity, Cocos, and GameMaker—and publish it to the Windows Store. Using Windows 10 features like Cortana or Inking will give your game an advantage with the judges;
- Mixed Reality Game: Create an immersive mixed reality experience that lets players interact with 3D volumetric content in a virtual space. Use whichever tools you prefer (like Unity) to build as long as your game uses Windows Mixed Reality. Judges will prefer games that incorporate audio content;
- Console Game: Build a UWP game for the Xbox One console family and incorporate the Xbox Live Creators Program with at least Xbox Live presence. Extra consideration will be given to games that incorporate Xbox Live services like leaderboards and statistics.
Grand prizes for the different categories are:
- Cloud-powered Game: $100,000 USD
- PC Games: $50,000 USD
- Mixed Reality Game: $50,000 USD
- Console Game: $25,000 USD
You are eligible to enter this Challenge if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- If you are a legal resident in your place of residence and 18 years of age or older as of June 27, 2017. If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter;
- You have the technical programming education, experience and/or knowledge to create games for UWP;
- You are not a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria;
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are not an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary;
- You are not an employee of any company or organization that is involved in the provision of prizes, equipment or materials for this Challenge;
- You are not involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge;
- You are not an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Challenge.
- If you wish to participate in the Challenge, you must sign-up for the Challenge during the Registration Period;
- You may enter as an individual or as a member of a team. Individuals eligible for participation in the Challenge may participate collectively as a “Team”, which may include at least one (1), but not more than six (6) additional individual Team members (up to a maximum total of seven (7) members).
- June 27: Competition opens for registration
- August 2: Team formation and game submission period opens
- December 31: Game submission period closes
- January 2018: Finalists announced
- March 2018: Winners awarded
For more information, visit Microsoft Dream.Build.Play Challenge.