Deadline: November 30, 2017 (School Nomination)/ January 15, 2018 (Student Application)
Applications are now open for the undergraduate Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto. The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize outstanding students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. This is University of Toronto’s most prestigious and competitive scholarship for international students. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
- The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years. The scholarship is tenable only at the University of Toronto for the 2017/2018 academic session.
- Applicant must be an international student. Award is only for students entering undergraduate programs. Graduate and second-entry programs students, including medicine, will not be eligible;
- The international student must first be nominated by their school. The student will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program;
- The student must currently be in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2017;
- The student must be intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year;
- Must be an original and creative thinker;
- Must be committed to school and community.
- Must be a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits.
- Must be enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Note that students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered.
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
- School Nomination deadline: November 30, 2017.
- Student Application deadline: January 15, 2018.
For more information, visit Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships.