Deadline: October 20, 2017
Applications are open for the programme ‘Travelling to learn Arts and Crafts’, by Fondation Culture and Diversite in partnership with UNESCO patronage of the French and under the National Commission for UNESCO. The programme aims to enable arts and crafts students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete a study tour abroad. It allows young French scholarship students nearing the end of their studies to discover the know-how of craftspeople in developing countries; and it allows students from developing countries to discover the know-how of French craftspeople.
This programme helps students launch their professional career by enabling them to work in a professional environment; acquire new skills and cultural experiences abroad; design and create innovative products; develop a professional network; and participate and present their work at international fairs.
- A logistic and operational support: The student can benefit from a logistic support from the programme:
- Administrative relationship with the hosting professional organization
- Assistance in administrative procedures
- Assistance in finding an accommodation.
- A financial support The Fondation Culture & Diversité takes in charge:
- The laureate’s round-trip plane ticket;
- Monthly financial support covering all the expenses relative to the four months stay in France, the journeys and the purchase of material linked to the study tour, for a total equivalent to 1 037 € a month.
- An internship agreement will be signed between the student, the school and the hosting professional organization.
- A scholarship agreement will be signed between the student and the Fondation Culture & Diversité.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Level of study of at least 2 years equivalent to an Arts & Crafts Diploma,
- Enrolled in Arts & Crafts schools/institutes/universities,
- Recipient of scholarships and awards (and being able to give proof of it)
- Speaking French and English.
Applicants must be students and not senior artists.
- Download and complete the Application Form.
- Applications must be submitted only by email at: s.bisht(at)unesco.org.
For more information, visit UNESCO Travelling to Learn Arts and Crafts.