Deadline: September 27, 2017
Submit entries for the SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Contest 2017. The Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development has launched a global water-agriculture photo contest to call attention to the significant issue of water scarcity, while recognizing and celebrating steps being taken around the world to improve water and food security.
The Securing Water for Food (SWFF) Global Water-Agriculture Photo Contest aims to:
- Harness the power of images to tell a story that raises awareness and inspires action to Securing Water for Food’s about enterprises and organizations with innovations that will enable the production of more food with less water and/or make more water available for food production, processing, and distribution.
- Celebrate men and women who work in agriculture and document how they are impacting water/food security through new technologies and business models.
- Grand Prize Group of 15 Photos – $500
- First Place Single Photo – $500
- Second Place Single Photo – $250
- Third Place Single Photo – $150
- Open is open to all professional and amateur photographers throughout the world;
- Contestants can submit a single photo, multiple single photos, or a group of photos (15 total to qualify for the Grand Prize award category);
- Photographers must submit images that focus on one or more of these themes: agriculture, water, water-agriculture-related technology, and men and women working in agriculture.
Winning photos must have the following attributes:
- Be of high quality
- Tell a story and represents an interesting and engaging subject matter
- Has strong compositional order and structure
- Grabs the eye from a distance
- Evokes an emotion
- Captures an iconic moment
- Showcases a unique perspective
- Enter your photo here.
- Once you have submitted your entry, please share within your social media accounts/followers to increase participation in the Phase One photograph voting. The contest hashtag is: #SWFFphotocontest
- Contest Duration: September 13, 2017 – September 27, 2017
- Contest Promotion: August 29, 2017 – September 27, 2017
- Judging: September 27, 2017 – October 3, 2017
- Winners Announced: October 5, 2017
For more information, visit SWFF Global Water-Agriculture Contest.