Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program 2018 (Salary of $66,000/year)
Deadline: January 17, 2018
The Harvard University Center for the Environment welcomes application for the 2018 Environmental Fellows Program. The Harvard University Center for the Environment created the program to enable recent doctorate recipients to use and expand Harvard’s extraordinary resources to tackle complex environmental problems. The Environmental Fellows work for two years with Harvard faculty members in any school or department to create new knowledge while also strengthening connections across the University’s academic disciplines.
The Harvard University Center for the Environment expects to award approximately six fellowships for the 2018 cohort. The Center organizes a co-curricular program to ensure that the fellows get to know each other and each other’s work. All fellows join in biweekly dinners along with Harvard faculty and a speaker also from amongst the Harvard faculty.
The Environmental Fellows program is integral to the Center’s work, directly supporting work on the environment across the University, and helping bring diverse groups of scholars together to learn from one another and address some of the broadest challenges facing society
- The fellowship includes:
- A salary of $66,000 per year
- Employee health insurance eligibility, and a
- $2,500 allowance for travel and other professional expenses.
- Open to anyone with a doctorate or comparable terminal degree awarded between May 2014 and August 2018.
- Please complete the application form and attach the relevant supporting documents as PDFs:
- curriculum vitae including list of publications.
- detailed research proposal, maximum of five pages, references counted separately. Within the proposal, applicants should explain their reasons for applying to a Harvard residential environmental fellowship.
Note: While applicants should discuss the proposal with their potential faculty hosts, the final product should clearly be the work of the applicant.
- up to three publications/writing samples.
- Three letters of reference, including one from the applicant’s dissertation adviser.
- A letter of support is also required from the applicant’s host committing to serve as a mentor and explaining his or her commitment to the proposed research, including the provision of office or lab space and other support.
- Applicants are encouraged to ask their referees and hosts to email letters of reference as PDFs or, if necessary, as Word documents attached to the emails. Referees and hosts should send their letters directly to the attention of James Clem at the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an automated email once you have submitted the online form with attachments. The Center will notify applicants individually to confirm receipt of a complete application (online form, letters of reference, and letter of support).
Please be sure to closely read the Program Requirements and FAQ. Applications for the 2018 cohort are due by January 17, 2018 at 5 p.m. (EST). The Center will select a group of fellows and alternates by March 2018 and contact applicants with results at that time.
For more information, visit Harvard University Environmental Fellows Program.