Free IELTS Test Preparation Course by University of Queensland
Applications are open for free University of Queensland Online Courses For IELTS Test Preparation.This 8-weeks course is available for anyone preparing to take the Academic IELTS test. The overall objective of this course is to help in preparing for the IELTS Academic tests.
The University of Queensland, Australia, is one of the world’s premier teaching and research institutions. It is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities globally, has more areas of specialized research considered above world standard than any other Australian university and has won the most awards for university teaching in the country.
IELTS is the world’s most popular English language test for those wanting to study in higher education in an English-speaking country. This IELTS course will prepare you to take the IELTS Academic tests with confidence. You will have immediate access to over 80 hours of interactive practice materials covering each of the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Due to the flexible nature of the course, learners can adjust their level of effort to suit their needs. Each section of this course includes engaging multi-media presentations reviewing key test-taking skills, strategies and techniques. These are accompanied by a wide variety of authentic IELTS-style exercises and interactive activities that provide focused practice of the skills, strategies and techniques that you need to perform at your best. As the course is self-paced, you can complete all of the course units in sequence, or only select the areas you want to focus on to prepare for the IELTS Academic tests. Then, when you are ready, you can test yourself with an IELTS-style practice exam for each skill. In completing this course, you will feel fully prepared to complete the IELTS Academic tests.
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts. This innovative preparation course has been designed and written by experienced English teaching professionals from The University of Queensland, an IELTS testing centre and one of the world’s leading centres of learning. All of the course writers have extensive experience enabling students to reach their academic IELTS goal of entering a university where English is the primary language.
After completing this course you will have knowledge of:
- Learn about the IELTS test procedure and format
- Learn useful test-taking strategies and skills for the IELTS Academic tests
- Practice and develop skills and strategies by completing IELTS-style practice tests in reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Develop your reading, writing, listening and speaking English skills
How to Join
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)