Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship in Canada
Deadline: 4th December 2017
Applications are open for Trudeau Foundation Research Fellowship to undertake research in Canada. The Trudeau fellowship is one of the most prestigious awards in Canada. Aside from its exceptional value of $225 000, the fellowship offers its recipient extensive liberty in the way the funds are allocated towards research. Trudeau fellowships are typically granted to academics at mid-career.
Candidates to the regular Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowship are researchers who have set themselves apart through their capacity to propose creative solutions to important issues and their ability to inform public debate beyond the academic sphere.
The Foundation can award one fellowship per year to a visiting fellow. The regular Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowship’s criteria of excellence and engagement also apply to the visiting fellowship. However, the visiting fellow’s affiliation to the host institution is different: the selected candidate is invited to take part in the host university’s activities for a residency period of approximately one year in the course of the three-year fellowship tenure.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation fellowships provide:
- Support from an outstanding community of scholars, fellows and mentors, and opportunities for interaction with 350 leaders and personalities in every sector of the humanities and social sciences;
- Involvement in lively exchanges with other researchers and policy makers;
- The opportunity to contribute to public dialogue and share innovative ideas at events organized by or in conjunction with the Foundation;
- A $150,000 allowance over three years for research, travel and networking;
- A $50,000 award;
- A $25,000 allowance to cover the cost of participation in Foundation events
- Researchers active in a field of the humanities and social sciences related to one or more of the Foundation’s four themes; and
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents, or citizens of foreign countries legally allowed to reside in Canada for the funding period; and
- Researchers affiliated or who will be affiliated during fellowships with an university that grants doctoral degrees.
- Fellow project (required for the regular fellowship and optional for the visiting fellowship)
- Commitment to engage with the Foundation community of scholars, mentors and fellows
- Communication and engagement
- Leadership and innovation