Young Scientists Summer Program 2018 in Austria
Application Deadline: January 11, 2018
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international scientific institute that conducts research into the critical issues of global environmental, economic, technological, and social change.
Since 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) offers research opportunities to talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change.Funding is provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Advance the research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist.
- Broaden the research interests by working in the IIASA interdisciplinary and international research environment.
- Build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during future career.
- Produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article.
- PhD students (ideally about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD).
- Working on a field compatible with ongoing research at IIASA.
- With a wish to explore the policy implications of your work.
- Applicants from all countries are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
Applicants must follow the procedure given in the following link.